01 May Stories of Dignity
With Mother’s Day right around the corner on May 10th, we want to give you a great opportunity to celebrate your mother, a mother you know, or simply a woman in your life that has been a mother-figure to you! These women are amazing, and in the spirit of Proverbs 31:25a, “she is clothed with strength and dignity…” we want to honor them on this special day!
Here’s how we’re going to do that:
- Share your story! We want to hear why about your mom and why you are celebrating her this Mother’s Day. The story can tell about something she’s done for you, something she’s taught you, or a quality about her that makes her an amazing woman!
- Post your story, and pictures if you have them, in your campus Facebook Group OR on your own social media account and tag the post using the hashtag #storiesofdignity. If you don’t have a social media account, you can also email your story and pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We’ve also given NH Students in middle and high school a fun way to participate on Instagram – make sure they check out the NHStudents account (@nhopestudents) for details!
- Kids in hopetown are more than welcome to have an adult help submit a story on their behalf through the methods above. Additionally, you can also download and print this awesome flip book that they can color and give her as a great Mother’s Day gift! Click HERE for the book.
- When you share your story, a link will be sent to you to submit an entry on her behalf allowing a donation to be made in her honor. You can pick a ministry of your choice from the list provided that focuses on women and teaching them life and work skills to allow them to live with dignity! Check out the options here: Designed for Joy, Mercy House Global, and Street Hope.
- Additionally, from the entries received, a grand prize winner will be chosen from each campus to receive a gift basket/certificate from the ministries themselves!
- Entries will be accepted until 11:59 pm on Sunday, May 10th and prizes will be announced and awarded the week of May 11th.
It’s that simple! We can’t wait to hear from you as we give virtual shout-outs during this time of physical separation. If you have any questions, simply email email@example.com.
In His love,
The newhope church staff team